Much of my day is usually filled with cooking, reading recipes, and planning meals. Today I made 3 loaves of bread and a batch of cinnamon rolls (half plain and half raisins of course). And yesterday some pumpkin scones. We certainly have some eating to do.
When the kids come home from school the house is filled with noise and bustling. Yesterday Lydia and Katie finished their homework before dinner as asked. After dinner Lydia asked if she could watch a movie since she was done with homework. I replied that she didn't need to be watching movies and she exclaimed, "well what am i supposed to do!" I smiled and laughed. After several options we decided on finger painting. Katie decided to just watch but here are some results.
After Lydia goes to bed, accompanied by one of us rotating older kids, we usual spend some time sitting around the table reading, doing work of some sort, or talking. Katie didn't want a picture of her face because she was "in a towel" so this was all I could get.
I hope this cheers you a bit Mom, I know you hate being so far!
Ha! Ha! I often ask myself that same question. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post. It's fun to get in on some of the "ordinary" moments. But all have to say your baking doesn't look to ordinary! Any chance you can send me a slice of that bread?
oh thank you jen! our bread intake has increased greatly since the kids found out I am willing to make it home-made =)
ReplyDeleteOh Caroline, What happy family times. You are such a treasure and I love you. And great and utter happiness upon your fresh hot off the presses news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ReplyDeleteCaroline! :) Your baking looks delicious, and I bet the younger cousins are so glad to have you with them.
ReplyDeleteI miss you very much.
...
You are going to make an amazing mother someday. :)
i love you. :)
ReplyDeleteMy Most Proficient Cook Daughter, Oh how I miss you and hope you are having a wonderful day my love. Kisses and hugs....mom
ReplyDelete