23 February, 2009

Crazy Conner Craft Class

I normally-well don't really liking crafts. I never signed up for the craft elective at camps, and never saw the point in having a bunch of tacky stuff around. Yet somehow I seemed to always be doing them. I remember the summer of S.E.N.D. where the Conner's basically ran the camp with 5 of us involved in teaching classes in the morning and afternoons, and what was Crissie's class? The Crazy Crissie Conner's Craft Class! (Where may I mention one girl sucked paint up into her mouth through a straw!) Anyways, recently with more free time than usual, I have *gasp* started to enjoy and do more crafts. I think it is because I have found useful crafts not resulting in tacky junk such as card making, letter writing, (you saw the Valentine's ones), etc., etc., Yes I have found a delight in crafts. I spent a good hunk of a day watching the BBC version of Jane Eyre and cutting out pictures from magazines (thank you Mrs. Stewart!) to be used in crafts. And that very evening came a chance to use them. Katie's friend had a birthday the next day and we made a pretty extensive card for her. The pictures didn't come out too good but the card was pretty cute.

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative my love.
    And you said you never were.
    : )

    ReplyDelete