09 February, 2009

Gingerbread Pancakes


Here is the recipe for the gingerbread pancakes we had, they are so yummy and definitely worth a try. I halved the recipe and had enough for four people.

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup plus 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. brewed coffee, cold or at room temp.
4 large eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1/4 c fresh lemon juice

Directions:
Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk water, coffee, eggs, butter & lemon juice. Whisk wet and dry together until just combined. Let stand 15 min. so batter will thicken.
Cook in a skillet, but use a bit lower temperature, they tended to burn quickly.
Good with butter and syrup, but excellent with applesauce on top or apricot preserves!

2 comments:

  1. yummy...maybe I can make these for my roommates next year! I'm glad that you're having a good time with your family, but I miss seeing you at OU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can't wait to try them out on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete