06 January, 2009

stories

Being in Guatemala with my family for the holidays ahs been such a blessing. I was not expecting to get to be with them and I ended up being albe to see both my sister and my brother-in-law in Denver as well as the family in Guatemala with both the older boys down here! Traveling down here was quite a mess as we flew stand-by. But even in that was a hidden blessing. Two days were able to be spent with my cousins in Dallas as my brothers and I waited for a flight into Guate. So many unexpected and wonderful visits!
I have been amazed at how much my siblings have grown, David into a little man, Katie into a lady, and Lydia is most definitely no longer a baby! When I last left her she was struggling with her letters and simple words, tonight I was happily surprise with the progress she has made. After dinner my family was sitting around the table working on our separate homeworks and I was helping Lydia. We first read together for the required 15 min (Barbie at the Fair was the book of choice) and she was excellent! After completing that as well as her math homework it was time for me to do my Spanish homework. (I am taking Spanish classes for the week in Antigua.) My assignment was to write a story in Spanish and Lyders decided to write a story of her own! It is quite a lovely story, that she thought up all herself, complete with a title and illustrations. Here are some photos I took of my little princess.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING. AND I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert Einstein:
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."
    I was reminded of this quote whilst reading your post. This was so so lovely. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new look my love.
    And the picture is blissfully wonderful.

    ReplyDelete