02 April, 2009

I have been overwhelmed with the ordinary, so overwhelmed that I haven't been looking for its beauty. I feel sad that I have wasted those precious beautiful things I could have seen, but am comforted by the fact that the ordinary never ceases, there will always be more beauty to find.
So much has happened since I last wrote. I moved back to Tulsa, I wish I could say I faced this adventure more bravely, but that wouldn't be honest. It was a hard day, saying goodbye to my family, but good to know that I was doing the right thing and that God was with me. That sounds silly and so cliche, but really when you know that what you are doing in line with His will, it makes those steps not so hard to take.
Some beautiful things I have seen in being back:
Snow covered flowers
Children pulling weeds from flower beds and laughing all the while
Endless lines of products in clean grocery stores
Tight hugs of old friends
Floors with Carpet
Chilly winds, blowing hair about

1 comment: