I have started my new job- finally. I'm working with Seeking Sitters, a babysitting/nanny-ing type agency.
I have been around a lot of kids but I have already discovered something very new that I have never really dealt with before...
All the kids I have watched have huge problems with losing- I don't ever remember having an issue with this as a kid. I mean these kids are intense, they will lie, cheat, wine, cry, quit, or hit before they will lose Shoots and Ladders! So weird. I found myself trying to lose the games just so there wouldn't be a fuss. How do you teach a 4 and 5 year old how to be a good loser? How do you explain that its just a game, or that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. When do you make them keep playing because quitting isn't right, or when do you just give it up- its just a game and they asked to play it in the first place.
This whole thing seems so odd to me. I have know people who are bad losers before, maybe this is how it starts!
Well in the mean time I am getting excited for Easter- its my favorite holiday! I love the joy of the day, the church decorated with white lilies and the times with family over food. I would love to know your food plans for this amazing day, when we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. I am still debating between 500 different dessert options!
So, you're not going for an apple crisp? ;) The only thing I've decided as of yet is that the dessert I make is definitely going to involve berries!
ReplyDeleteInteresting observations on winning and losing. I think w/ so many siblings maybe we got a jump start on that life lesson. You're bound to end up pretty frustrated if you can't graciously lose on occasion.