17 March, 2009

today its....early spring, late fall, mid summer....

I don't know why, but as long as I can remember I have "classified" the days. I would walk outside and say to myself what sort of a day it was (especially if it was a day that was not in the correct season.) Well in Guatemala they don't really have seasons (just wet and dry), so any time it feels distinctly anything- its out of season. Today it feels like a perfect spring day. When I woke up a bit of cold air was nipping at my toes, but I could feel the warmth of the sun in my chest, it was begging to break out of the clouds. Not being able to see the clock, I crawled out of be, trying not to wake Laura. It was earlier than usual, the parents and the kids weren't off to school yet, so I could hear bustling. Ben was sleeping on the futon and I was a bit chilly, so what did I do? I crawled up into my parents bed! This is a delight I haven't enjoyed for a long time, it felt so right. The warm sunlight streaming in from their huge window, me curled up, and various family members coming in and out. Lydie cuddled with me a bit, Mom rubbed my back, and Davie gave me a kiss.
It was a pretty perfect morning.

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful Conner morning! Email me, I'd love to know what Ben's plans are. Your mom said something about TESOL and I did a bunch of research on stuff that might interest him. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just top it off with some stamping and you have it made. Door is open Call

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Caroline! I am always so happy to read your posts. I love you and hope you are doing really well. Give all the cousins kisses, and bigs hugs to my aunt and uncle. Hopefully we can talk soon. 143

    ReplyDelete