10 November, 2008
Papi Lepu
Most little girls think their dad is the greatest dad in the world, the most brave, and the smartest. I certainly did. I always thought that when I got older, I would see someone different, not quite as brave and smart as a thought. Quite the opposite. Now more than ever I am amazed at my father. I am always amazed by is courage, wisdom, and unfailing love. I have been away from my family for 9 long months and yesterday I got to spend 10 hours with Papi Lepu. It was wonderful to be with him and my brother, to do simple things like eat dinner, drink tea and talk around the bar in the kitchen. I did not feel ashamed when I cried as he left- why should I not cry? He is my papi, my hero. Though I do not like being apart from my family, I can appreciate it. The moments together are made all the more special because of the distant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment