During the long and seemingly endless time I spent in Tulsa working this past summer whilst most of my friends were off at camp, I embarked upon the journey of making my first quilt. Under the guidance of a dear friend I was brought into the joyous world of quilting. My first quilt was for my nephew, Isaac, and was a cowboy motif and quite small. After the successful completion of that one, and a laps of about 3 months, I decided I wanted to make myself a quilt. The problem is I could not find a design that I wanted. Oh I found plenty that I like but not one that really inspired me. The following is a quote that I really love and would somehow like to incorporate into the design for my quilt.
["Take my silver," the moon said, 'I have paid
into the ocean's pocket too long
without return.'
The silver fell in the wind, and the wind picked it up briefly
then dropped it. The poppies picked up the silver and promised
the moon a harvest of dreams.] ~ wendy battin
This images in this are magnificent, silvery moonshine, yellow-orange poppies, and the golden wheat ripe for harvest being blown in the wind. The problem is that most quilts that include images end up looking extremely cheese and would ruin beautiful image panted in this poem.
While continuing my search for a pattern at Jo-Ann's Fabric I ran across a quilt patter I loved- not for me though. I decided since it was close to Christmas I could still use this pattern and make a quilt for a gift (while continuing the search for my own pattern of course). So I have attached a picture of the materials I picked out for this new quilt, if anyone wants a quilt you may start getting on my good side now. Unfortunately I can not post a picture of the quilt pattern itself because it is still coming to me from good old amazon.com, never the less here are the fabrics ...
Ummmmmm.....I would like a quilt from you please. Am I on your good side?
ReplyDelete: )
Am I on your good side?
ReplyDelete