I feel guilty that my sister has started blogging and I haven't updated mine in forever! So here it is:
Yesterday Jen and Matt took me to experience the most dangerous store ever. A free book store!
No it's not a gimmick.
Yes it's exactly as it sounds.
Yes it's every bit as wonderful.
So yesterday morning we went. Its a pretty rustic building, nothing to fancy just lots of shelves made from plain wood and stuffed with books. It was exciting and overwhelming. The moment you walk in the door the race is on, everyone is competition, because, of course, everyone is looking for the same book you are. The air is hot from climbing sun and the smell of books (maybe the best smell in the world) is thick. Which section to start at? Spanish/Latin/Italian(!), Classics(!!), Cooking(!!!), Mystery(!.....) I quickly picked a section and started scanning, sweeping in and out of the other shoppers. My first find was delightful- a 1950 hardback copy of Jane Eyre, turquoise colored with beautiful lettering- I knew it would be a good day. I continued moving through adding to my stack rapidly, Huck Finn for Lydia or Katie, The Bell Jar for Nibs, Dostoevsky, Balzac. I reached a more quiet corner of the store and looked at the stack of books that was, by now, killing my arm. Something must be done. Too many books. (ah! did I just say that?) College student + tons of heavy books to cart all over creation = not a good deal.
So I did a second review over the stack, Balzac goes Dostoevsky stays, etc. etc. I walked out with 6 books (but 2 not for me!). My satisfaction was full when I realized I was one book under Jen's number of gathered books.
Free Books- excellent!
Moral of the story: Free book store are the best. When in Baltimore, go there.
oh my this is so happy!! i wish i were there to get books and play with Sir Isaac! :)
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh.
ReplyDeletei cant belive you only got 6 books!!!
so jealous of that jane eyre! sounds beautifull.
hey! thanks for getting me one :)
i love you.
Was this called "The Book Thing?"
ReplyDeleteOhhhh my lovie. How happy!!!
ReplyDelete