okay now i will qualify that statement. these are the best non-chocolate, non-fruit, fluffy, creamy cookies ever.
i first had these at Christmas time with Chris and Crissie. Chris' mom Mirian Stokes made them and mailed them to Chris and Crissie... and I devoured them! For the past 5 1/2 months I have been craving these cookies. Yesterday Katie and I finally made them.
We had lots of fun with these, but it was a pretty long commitment, especially since we made a double batch!
Here is her recipe:
1 c. butter
2 c. flour
1/3 c. heavy whipping cream (not whipped)
granulated sugar
Mix first 3 ingredients thoroughly and chill for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350. Roll dough to 1/8 in thick. (be sure not to make it too thick or it will have problems cooking evenly) Cut small rounds (1/2-1 inch) and coat both sides with sugar. Bake for 7-9 min. until slightly puffy. Cool and put 2 cookies together with filling to make sandwich cookies.
Filling:
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Blend ingredients together and tint if desired.
ENJOY!
Que rico! I know what I'm going to make next time I have cream. Love you!
ReplyDeleteJubum to your fatness
ReplyDelete