sometimes you have those completely wasted days....but its okay.
that was my day yesterday.
I woke up and it was my day off- yay! Well, sort of, I was going to spend the day cramming my head full of biology for my last biology test ever (PTL). So I get up, blah blah, start studying and after the third chapter I am hit with the irresistible desire to go running. I tried to ignore it and keep studying, but it won't go away- my feet want to hit the pavement and my face feel the wind.
"okay, okay, okay,... i give in"
i get dressed, drive over to the old Lakewood house for a run. (I only believe in running around that neighborhood, its quiet, i know it, and i feel happier there.)
on the way what happens? yes you guessed it, my car breaks for the millionth time. I thought it was just the power steering, so I just continue on the the house. I later found out it was some belt that does a lot more than power steering, I'm a girl and a don't get cars.
Once at the Lakewood house I called up Mom and Dad, they were busy at the moment, so I told them I would call them back in about 40 min. I got out to go run, and it started pouring down rain. My obstinate self said "I don't even care, I came to run and by golly I will run." So I took off, I was planing to start out slow, walk for 1 mile, walk/run, for a mile, then run...let my body heat up you know. Well that didn't work I just started running, no glasses on, rain in my face, feet hitting the pavement, and breath going in out, in out, rhythmically. It was perfect.
After I got done, knowing i would feel it later for not taking it slower, I called dad. It ended up that I sat around sopping wet for 3 hours in my big empty house waiting on my car to get fixed. This could have been a tragedy- I have only been in that house a total of 3 times. The first time I bawled, the second time, walked around sadly, this time, I smiled in every room, not mourning the fact that it was sitting there empty and unloved, but remembering all the amazing memories that house holds, all the happy times and growth it has seen. The wait wasn't bad at all, I didn't get angry at myself for wasting time (because I couldn't help it!) and I didn't mope, I was just content.
Today I feel the pain from the run, and the pressure from being behind on biology, but really I don't think I would change yesterday. It was a very different day off.
P.S. My brother did get my car fixed that very night- thank God for big brothers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment